Monday, October 23, 2006

The Countdown Begins

145 Days, 15 Hours, 20 Minutes and 48 Seconds Before the Australian Grand Prix.

It's been a cracker of a season and I think I'm already starting to get withdrawl symptoms. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet!

It's all those unanswered questions that make it so appealing. Who will jump into the Schumacher shaped void. Will it be the young pretender with the penchant for comical facial foliage, or the other one - who may have escaped from Madame Tussauds but is still the fastest thing since Linford Christie last had the squits.

Then there's the new kids, who may be still wet behind the balaclavas, but are super talented and ready to set the world alight!

Not to mention our very own plucky Brit, now free of his shoulder mounted chip, who is keen to add to to his win tally of... One!

Well one's a start, there was a time even Michael Schumacher had only won One!

-----

145 Days, 14 Hours, 10 Minutes and 57 Seconds - It's no good, I'm going to have to do something to take my mind off it. I can't go out anywhere because it's raining, and I have already googled Katherine Legge more times than is probably healthy.

Football Manager 2007 has just come out, and that's a great way to lose several weeks of your life. I'll see what I can do to help Brighton & Hove Albion become champions of Europe.

----------

145 Days, 13 Hours, 51 Minutes and 37 Seconds - I'm sure plenty of managers get sacked in their first week, I'm not gonna let it get me down. I confess that my major stumbling block to managerial success is my complete ignorance of the round ball game.

-----------

145 Days, 13 Hours, 44 Minutes and 37 Seconds... - Why do seconds have to be so slow? How long would a minute be if it was comprised of 60 Firsts? By How greater margin did First beat Second? What happened to the firsts if it is the seconds who went on to become the standardised measure of time?

Perhaps that's what I can do! 145 days is surely enough time to solve at least one riddle of the universe. I mean Doc Emmett Brown invented time travel in as long as it takes to fall off a toilet.

All I have to do is dedicate all my time and resources to... oh look there's there's a spider on my desk!

---------------

145 Days, 13 Hours, 40 Minutes and 34 Seconds. Okay so my attempts at solving the riddles of the universe were flummoxed by an entertaining spider. It's again nothing to be ashaimed of. Apparently the only thing that prevented Einstein from completing his unified theory of everything was the playful antics of a small kitten.

Time may be crawling along on a Wet Monday afternoon, but there is a lot coming up to distract me. I've got the England vs Argentina game at Twickenham, Truck Racing at Brands Hatch, Toms Fireworks and First Aid extravaganza... then there's Christmas! All that yuletide merriment and such-like, topped with a seasonal special of Dr Who! And I'd forgotten completely about the new Bond film and a new release from Oasis!

Yes... it'll be the 2007 GP season will be here before I know it! I probably won't even have a moment to think about it. Busy, Busy Busy!!

... 145 Days 13 Hours, 32 Minutes and 11 Seconds!

No comments: