Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Last Encore


When Blair’s secret retirement memo was leaked and splashed all over the papers, the phrase that sparked my imagination was “Leave them like the star who wouldn’t give that final encore”

Now I was thinking, what if he was to do that encore. What if at the end of the party conference he was to climb on stage with his bow tie pulled open and give them all one final hurrah. “Piano, Maestro….”


And now, the end is near;

And so I face the dinner circuit

One Hundred grand a night

Depending on how hard I work it


I’ve lived a life of spin

Put bus lanes, on every highway

But the Unions, they won’t have this

They still want higher pay.


Wars, I’ve had a few;

WMD, I shall not mention

I did all, I had to do

When George called it to my attention


I planned a legacy of hope

Saved cuddly foxes from extinction

And for a while they all forgot about

MRSA


Yes, there were times, it looked so bleak

When Prescott was, joke of the week

But through it all, I fought it out

I got my caring, coffee cup out

I faced the press, smiled at them all

Until they went Away


I tried to cure, world poverty

The Olympic bid, was won by me

Of course, we’ll get it done

Just don’t mention Wembley


Oh yes
Britain, she has grown

Me at the tillar, me on the throne

Until they stabbed me in the back

Said Tony, Go Away!


What’s a PM, What has he Got?

If his backbenchers, decieve and plot!

The fog of war, has blinded me

Iraq will prove my legacy

The record shows, I Ignored the Polls

And did it my way!

Join us next week for John Prescott singing Home on the Range, and Margaret Beckett’s caravan of Love

No comments: