Friday, August 11, 2006

Bugs, Planes & blowing your Trumpet



(NIGE) Well, it’s been a very quiet week in Brysonland.

Following Chi-Chi’s surprise summoning to the Queens Head on Monday most of us were Queuing at Tesco’s come Tuesday morning trying to get a refund on Celebratory Cigars and Housewarming Toasters. Well obviously they don’t warm the entire house unless you wire the plug wrong - or as I did, tried to make pancakes in one.

Still it was the first chance in a while for everyone to be together, and had Bill Oddie have been there, he might have been quite excited about the rare appearance of a Lesser-spotted Macca.

Tuesday saw the Big Brother farce of rejected housemates making their comeback. I was to switch over in disgust and am now done with this series. I discussed by distain for this twist in a Private phone conversation with Prince William, which somehow appeared in the Newspaper the next morning. Anyway…

What I chose watch instead was a programme I had recorded last Thursday, Armando Iannucci’s Time Trumpet.

Now for anybody who doesn’t know Armando Iannucci is one of the modern comedy greats. Although rarely on camera himself he is behind such modern classics as: I’m Alan Partridge, The Day Today, The Friday Night Armistice and The Thick of It.

Now Time Trumpet is a “Nostalgic” look back at life in 2007 from the perspective of 50 years in the future. Featuring news articles such as “The day The Duchess of Cornwall turned out to be Justin Lee-Collins having a laugh, and when David Beckham started the new trend of men having a ladies naughy bits grafted onto their arms. There was also the shocking day Charlotte Church vomited herself inside out and the first ever Plastic Surgery make over show for children – “Spicy Slicey”

It’s on Thursdays at 10 on BBC 2 and I would very much recommend giving it a watch, it is without doubt the funniest 30 minutes of television I have seen since “Look Around You” introduced us to the dangers of Cobbles – and “Synthesiser Patel”

Then came Yesterday, and with the ongoing threat of planes falling from the sky, I just decided to just stay indoors wearing a bicycle helmet and my steel-toe boots. I know I am not thought of as a cycling person, but they had them on special offer the least time I stopped at a petrol station. I also bought 3 cats, a first edition Harry Potter and was able to exchange my Tiger Tokens for a Villa in the Algarve. I was also after some Castrol oil and windscreen washer Fluid, but I guess they can’t stock everything!

Oh well, another week closer to Christmas, in fact that garage had a nice line in robotic musical santas...

No comments: