Monday, August 21, 2006

Don Nigleone



It was his own fault. I had smashed up his shop, threatened his customers and beaten him in a comedy styleĆ© , but still he was not prepared to pay my protection money. Now he sleeps with the fishes – and not in a fun way! It was not really about the $400 I would get from this tailors shop, it was about what it was concealing. With the shop mine the backdoor was unlocked to reveal a secret brothel with was now under family control.

Now before you go running to my mummy I would like to point out that I havn’t really turned to local thuggery as an additional form of income. I was playing Godfather - The Game on a grey Sunday afternoon.

I had bought this game several months ago but after playing through the Initial tutorial levels had dismissed it as being too complicated and fiddly. However my boredom had lead to it’s reprieve and soon the over-complexities of the tutorials moved aside for a more natural feel once the game got going.

I was on the bottom rung of the Corleone family tree and thrown into the world of the first Godfather film. Where I became the one to Eliminate the traitor Paulie, and sneak into the directors house to leave a little equine surprise on his bed.

Now if there is a better way to spend a Sunday than roughing up shopkeepers, entertaining hookers and evading the cops then I certainly havn’t found it. Before I knew where I was it was 2am this morning and my tiredness was starting to tell. In one final blaze of glory I accidentally fell victim to my own Molotov Cocktail.

Perhaps I should leave this stuff to the professionals.

The Godfather: The Game is availiable now at most good retailers.
Other things to buy are availiable.

No comments: