Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Introducing...... JB!!!


Look! I made a post...! Nigie advised me to make it memorable and long-lasting. So I'd thought I'd talk about something that is important to all of us. Alcohol.

In a moment of sheer foolishness I agreed to suffer the mental and physical toture of running a half-marathon. Some may laugh and point that I'm not running a full marathon. To them I wave my rude finger until that person proves that they can run longer and faster than me.

One of the unfortunate side effects of this - aside from actually doing the running (believe me its a downside) - is that I have to eat healthily and give up drinking for 3 months. I repeat that again. I have voluntarily given up alcohol and burgers for 3 months. Oh dear god. What have I got myself in to!!!

So should you see me curled in the foetal position outside of a pub, please take pity. Do not point and laugh. Do not wave pork scratchings at me. Do not offer me the contents of the drip tray.

Do however sponsor me.

***WARNING - SERIOUS BIT FOLLOWS***

I am running in the Barns Green half marathon on the 29th October 06. I'm running for St Catherine's Hospice which is something very dear to my heart. So if you want to sponsor me please send me an e-mail to jon@snappyracers.com

2 comments:

Nige said...

Yeay!!!

Nige said...

In an act of solidarity I have promised to drink all the lager JB would usually have consumed for the duration of his training.

That's an extra two pints a week!!